Happy New Year!! 2 Corinthians 5:17

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

We all have New Year Resolutions, things we have been trying to accomplish but didn't get a chance to in 2010 or things that we see as new ventures in this new year. Let us put them before God and seek Him first knowing that all will be added unto us.

But what about the things that we have done maybe in the previous year(s) that we really need forgiveness for and repentance? I love this scripture because it lets us no that the former
things that we have done have passed away and everything is new once we are in Christ. We are new creatures in Him! Isn't that wonderful? God is a forgiving father that loves us and once we would turn away from doing things that were against His word and commandments (whatever it may be), He will throw them into the sea of forgetfulness and things become new with Him.

For a time it was hard for me to grasp this scripture because some things I had done, I held on to, although I had repented and was convicted. It was hard because although God forgave me and I was living anew, I had to deal with the persons I may have hurt or the hurt I harboured in my heart due to past pain. It was a sermon that truly changed my life.

We cannot go back and change the things we have done, we can change what we do from that point on where we ask God to forgive us and repent. There will be days where you feel low but you have to keep reminding yourself of God's words. God has forgiven you, why do you find it hard to forgive yourself? God sees you as a new creation, see yourself as one too. Let go of the hurt, guilt, pain and shame through praying, fasting and meditating on God's word. Really release yourself from all that by asking forgiveness from someone if need be, proving to others that your change isn't a fluke but it's real. Although you will have temptations to go back to the former lifestyle, remember what it took you to get to that point and is it really worth it. Truly reminding yourself of God's word and his love is enough to keep you on the right path.

So as we move on in this new year, whatever that you may have done that you regret, let go, seek God and become a new creation in Christ.

Pray for me and I'll  pray for you. God bless you and prosper you this new year.

No comments: