Never Let Me Go Hebrews 13:5


Hebrews 13:5“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

I know what it is to have the weight of the world on your shoulders, to feel like at any minute you are going to break. I know how it feels to be surrounded by people and feel alone. I know what it feels like to believe that no one will ever understand you. I know how it feels to let someone into your world, trusting that maybe if I open up, someone will finally understand
me but realizing that it was too great of a load to expect them to handle so they walk away, leaving you. I know how it feels to be alone, living alone and not having anyone to truly have a face to face conversation with. I know how it feels to travel from place to place and never feeling settled. I know…

Through it all, I always knew that God was there but He felt so far. And if He was there, why did I feel this way, why couldn’t He prove to me that He was there for me. I found this scripture that helped me through: “Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.” Isaiah 59:1.  So I began to pray and developed a deeper relationship with God. My relationship with Him drives out fear and loneliness.

I learned to recognize God’s love. I volunteered at a Children’s Home in Central America and I would look into the children’s faces and see God’s love. Tears would roll down my cheeks and I would feel comforted in knowing God was there. We played and laughed and it was a blessing. I walked the streets at night alone, when I was warned not too and never felt fear because I knew angels were around me protecting me (crazy… I know) (Psalms 138:9). I had people I love, leave me voluntarily and unexpectedly and in the strangest places, I would find comfort.  

The worst day of my life, the day my father passed, I had children come up to me and hug me for no apparent reason and at the time I didn't know that my father had passed. They gathered around me and gave me a hug, imagine twenty 12 years olds hugging you and embracing you. I didn’t know it yet but I knew as unexpected as it was, it was God showing me His love.

At our lowest lows and highest highs, God is there. He is and will forever be Almighty God (Rev 1:8). If you look for Him you will find Him (Matt 7:7) and He never disappoints, even when we don’t know He’s working it out for our good (Romans 8:28).

"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord is the one who goes before you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Powerful (W.O.G)woman of God. May god continue to use you, and i pray that He allow The Holy Trap to use you. looking forward for us beating down Satan.

Love you, God Bless