Be Content in Whatever State....Philippians 4:11-12


11Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. Philippians 4:11-12 

Paul said he LEARNED to be CONTENT in WHATEVER STATE he was in. He knew what it was
to be abased (in a low state) and how to abound (fulfilled) and in whatever state or situation he was in, he was content! What I like is that he said he had to learn to be content in those situations

This learning process may have taken a while or not so long. At first I can imagine Paul may have found himself complaining about the situations he was in but
over time he learned that that was not productive and in whatever state you find yourself in life, be happy and give God thanks. The good thing about learning is that it is continuous. Sometimes in life, we have to learn and relearn some lessons before we get them. And when we finally get them, it is life changing!

When I start to complain about things, I automatically become upset and disappointed but just as quickly if I start thinking about my blessings, it cheers me up and those worries go away. Change your thinking and change your life (“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” -Romans 12:2). That is definitely another lesson! You have the power to choose what you think about. As quickly as something negative comes in to upset my happiness, I change that thought quickly. I have that power and no one can take that away, they may try and honestly it takes practice but I have made that choice.

Life doesn’t always go our way and some days we may choose to dwell on the negatives instead of the positive. BUT, imagine being instructed to be happy in whatever state you are in. Paul said “I am instructed …” Instructed by whom? I can only imagine by God. God asks of us those things that we sometimes see as impossible but they are for our own good.

Whatever state you are in be assured that God knows and understands the struggles and He will make provisions for you so BE CONTENT. “But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches and glory by Jesus Christ.” Phillipians 4:19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow so true we have to learn. thanks woman of God. i needed this, may God continue to speak to you.