The Lord is my Shepherd ... Psalms 23:1




The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. - Psalms 23:1 

       Psalms 23 is one of the more famous Psalms and each verse gives us a picture of God as the good shepherd. Today, I just want to focus on the first verse.
       I have been praying for months for God to help me receive a scholarship to go off to school. However, these past couple weeks, I've found myself in deeper communion with the Lord. I prayed more, read my bible more and acknowledged God more throughout the day. I had moments when I doubted if God would allow this to happen. I cried, I prayed, I talked about it with my mom who prayed with me and encouraged me daily. Every time I had a moment of doubt, she reassured me. Every time I felt helpless and frustrated,
I meditated on the word of God.
       So today I woke up and on my phone Psalms 23:1 came as my verse of the day. At first I just read it and didn't pay any mind to it and then I read it again and tears filled my eyes. I knew automatically God was speaking to me. His word was reassurring me that no matter what, as His child, I will never want for anything. I felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders. I got on my knees and started to pray. I thanked God as I knew He wouldn't let me down.
     I had been calling the company all week concerning the scholarship and couldn't get through. When I called today not only did I get through but I heard the best news ever. I had received the scholarship!!! My heart was filled with so much joy. As I was on the phone, I mouthed, "Thank you Lord" with my hands up in the air. I was beyond elated.
     I wanted to share this with you, to remind you that no matter what is going on, continue to seek God, remind Him of His word and He won't fail you. He will never fail you. In my life, I've seen this over and repeatedly. Through the hurt and pain, through the laughter and joy, there has always been one constant in my life and it has always been God. He has delivered me time and time again. My testimony is one that brings tears to my eyes every time I think of it. With God as my shepherd, I will not want for anything. He will always provide for me. He will always keep me satisfied as He is enough.

      God has always been there for me. I am always reminded of this verse:

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8

       God is able to answer our prayers, He is able to give you the desires of your heart. Do not be afraid to ask Him, to seek Him out and to knock for Him to open doors for you. He is more than able to. Develop a relationship with Him. Get to know Him and you will not be put to shame.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11:9"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalms 37:4

"No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause." Psalms 25:3

Hopefully this will encourage you. I needed encouragement and I thank God for those who were there for me to do that but there are times when encouragement will come from the least likely of places. An excellent source of encouragement has always been the bible for me. 

Continue to be blessed by the word of God.

Thank you my Father and my Lord.

No comments: