Sin living in me


angels,businesses,businessmen,choices,choosing between good and evil,devils,evils,goods,masks,men,metaphors,persons

19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. Romans 7:19-20

     We fight with our flesh or our sinful nature daily. I know I do. Sometimes I may come from reading God's word, internalizing it and feel like "Yes! I am delivered from this sinful nature!" But I turn around and do something that totally contradicts who I say I am, what I talk about and what my goal is as a believer. There is a battle between the spirit and flesh and the mind and body. 
     Do not be discouraged if you make mistakes, do not stop striving for excellence. Paul goes on to say that God has delivered us through Jesus Christ. Let us keep our minds right as in it lies the law of God and put our bodies under subjection as there lies the law of sin.

No comments: