I will give thanks to You forever! Psalms 30:11-12


      
11You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, 12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever. Psalms 30:11-12

      Have you ever been a place in your life where the circumstances you were going through were too much to bear, it seemed, but God was able to turn your sadness into joy and your heartache into happiness? Sometimes it's only when we look back from where God brought us that we are more thankful, therefore we cannot keep silent and MUST praise Him.
      I've often heard that persons who have a greater testimony often have a "crazier" praise. It reminds me of the woman with the alabaster box Luke 7:36-50. Jesus told Simon a story about 2 person who owed a moneylender, one owed a greater amount than the other.  Neither could pay him back so he told them to forget about it. Jesus then asked Simon, which one of them would love the moneylender more. Simon replied correctly by saying that the one that owed more. 
      When we've been through a lot in life like the woman with the alabaster box had been through, and our sins are forgiven, the love and gratitude that we have for the Lord is one that is sincere,  one that in overwhelming and brings us to tears whenever we think about it.
      Jesus said "Whoever has been forgiven little, loves little." So imagine if you have been forgiven a great number of things, your love should be great. 
      In this Psalms, David says that He will give thanks to the Lord forever! That should be our constant state of being, a state of gratitude. The mere fact that Jesus died for us while we were still sinners is enough to not be silent and give Him praises forever. 

An attitude of gratitude, this season and forever. 





No comments: